About Wonder Village
At Wonder Village we believe that every child deserves to grow up knowing that they are worthy and deserving of respect, exactly as they are. Our mission is to create access to high-quality early years childcare and education.
The Difference You Will Make
Wonder Village is currently hiring an After-school Facilitator for our childcare centre in Petaling Jaya. As a After-School Facilitator, you will be responsible for planning engaging after-school activities for a small group of children. You’ll be planning activities, serving snacks, documenting learning, and liaising with external teachers. Under your care, children will thrive – developing a strong sense of self, growing in relationships, and learning and practising new skills.
You’ll be working in a team alongside the Wonder Village Principal to run an after-school club for a small group of up to 6 children between the ages of 4 and 9 years.
- Doing weekly planning and developing a calendar of activities for children
- Setting up a safe and nurturing environment
- Documenting children’s learning and updating parents via our communications app
- Liaising with external teachers
- Serving and /or preparing simple and nutritious snacks / lunches
- Helping children to learn, develop and reach their full potential, shaping their lives and futures for years to come
This role is NOT for you if:
- You aren’t open to learning – we’re committed to lifelong learning and a growth mindset
- You believe children learn best through teacher-directed activities or worksheets
- You aren’t willing to pitch into all aspects of caring for young children – diaper changes, cooking meals, cleaning up are all part and parcel of the job
Benefits and perks:
- You’ll get paid between RM1,500 to RM2,000 per month dependent on experience
- You’ll receive our proprietary Wonder Village training (inclusive of self-paced online course, in-person practical training, and CPR & First Aid) for free
- Approximately 6 weeks of time-off during term breaks
- Wonder Village will support you with ongoing professional development and 1:1 mentoring
- You’ll gain tons of knowledge and experience while doing meaningful work that changes children’s lives